For every few steps taken through the major cities of Ghana, one will likely locate a fashion/tailoring shop. However, research shows that Ghana spent USD 294 million on clothing imports in 2019 alone. An indication that a high percentage of the nation’s apparel requirements are imported. Again, 80% of local tailors/seamstresses do not implement or lack the fundamental principles and standards of fashion design, resulting in subpar or poor finishing, and leaving customers disappointed. Meanwhile, there is a paucity of well-thought-out policies that train the skilled force for 21st-century industrial fashion manufacturing—a solution that could create thousands of jobs. We at Gamel Clodin Enterprise are striving to change the narrative.
Our Solution fills this void by offering tailored programs that equip artisans with the skills required for 21st-century industrial fashion manufacturing, a future where local tailors produce garments of impeccable quality that rival international standards. This, in turn, will reduce the nation’s dependence on clothing imports, strengthen the local economy, and provide fashion designers, tailors and seamstresses with a 20% -30% increase in their income levels.
Gamel Clodin is an African-inspired clothing enterprise integrating sustainable practices, providing solutions to fashion consumers on a premise of producing quality, accessible, and affordable fashionable products. The company has developed a structured system that motivates visionary industry players to team up to produce RTW apparels, footwear and accessories removing the bottleneck of waiting many days to have access to traditional fashion. An idea to sustainably meet the expanding lifestyle needs of traditional fashion enthusiasts, while also promoting responsible consumption with sustainable materials and improving service quality for bespoke.
Gamel Clodin also positioned itself as the hub for repurposed apparels made out of waste fabrics, not only from its production unit but collected from other small holder fashion houses.
Our meticulously tailored systems and structures enable us to produce a diverse range of high-quality ready-to-wear apparel, footwear, and fashion accessories. In addition, we take pride in offering personalized bespoke services, ensuring that each customer receives a truly unique and tailored experience. Our designs are thoughtfully crafted to inspire and imbue a profound sense of power and confidence, making Ghanaian/African apparel an essential part of everyday wear, transcending traditional occasions. At GamelClodin, we redefine the boundaries of African fashion, empowering individuals to embrace their culture and express their personal style with pride.
Expanding access to quality, sustainable and affordable African-inspired fashionable products; Contributing to build systems and structures to reduce the Carbon footprint in the fashion industry.
Our vision is to become the leading sustainable African inspired clothing company across the world, Making African-inspired apparels accessible and affordable.
- Quality: Gamel Clodin prioritizes producing high-quality, well-made clothing that customers can rely on.
- Accessibility: The brand is committed to making African-inspired fashion accessible and available to all.
- Creativity: Gamel Clodin values creativity and encourages its employees to think outside the box to bring new and innovative ideas to the table.
- Sustainability: The brand is conscious of its impact on the environment and strives to make environmentally responsible choices in its manufacturing processes.
- Customer Satisfaction: Providing excellent customer service and ensuring customer satisfaction is a top priority for Gamel Clodin.
- Collaboration: Gamel Clodin fosters a collaborative work environment where employees can work together to achieve common goals.
- Inclusivity: The company values inclusivity, diversity and strives to create a workplace culture that is welcoming and respectful to all employees.
- Continuous Improvement: Gamel Clodin encourages continuous learning and growth, and supports its employees in their professional development.
- Community: The company believes in giving back to the community and takes an active role in supporting local initiatives and organizations.
- Fun: Gamel Clodin values work-life balance and creates a fun and enjoyable work environment for its employees.